Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Sack O' Fun

It's odd to think that the old house in Waveland just isn't there any more. I can close my eyes and picture it and all of the furniture and yet I know none of it is there. Sometimes it's a little too much to think about. What's also odd is the new house in Waveland is almost done. All the talk over do we rebuild or don't we rebuild and then when to rebuild is all over and the house is almost done. Of course, it's in that annoying almost done phase where it feels like it should be done tomorrow but more likely has like six weeks left.

Shooting off fireworks on the beach with Jerry felt like old times. You know what didn't feel like old times? Paying for them with just our money. :) Come back adults, we need your money!

Melissa and I have already fallen through on our snowball pact. My laziness combined with her realizing just how much empty calories they are didn't help. We did go one day and I got a lemon meringue flavor. It was delicious.

Rode the streetcar downtown last night from the LaBorde's. Good times. It had been a long time since I did that. Need to make sure to do it again fairly soon. Everything just feels right when doing that.

I had another "I feel old" moment today. I'm talking to the girl behind the counter in the coffee shop, asking her how she likes working there, and she says "I like it, I mean, it's chill ya know?" I agree with her, it is "chill". It just wasn't something I would have said.

2 Comments:

At 10:20 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Hmm. Would you have ever said "it was chill," Chad?

 
At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard a lot more people up here use that term - specifically someone I know from Canada and a few people here from the Northeast. They're around our age, if not older, so I always thought it was a regional thing - like the phrase "wicked awesome" which I've only ever heard in movies set in Boston.
Mary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home