Monday, May 19, 2008

Friendly Competition

In the last six months, Jerry has made more blog posts than me. I can't let that happen. :)

Melissa and I spent the weekend in Houston. It's amazing how quickly I've gotten used to not driving that route. One the on hand, everything was very familiar and comfortable. On the other hand, I was ready to be there after about two hours. I can't believe we used to do that 500 mile drive to Austin as often as we did.

Want to know something else amazing? Lizzi is five years old now. Crazy. That's why we were in Houston, for her birthday. She's growing up so fast and I can't say that I like it. It truly does seems like just a year ago I was bottle feeding her and putting her down for a nap. That kinda of stuff just makes a person feel old.

The new pool is nice. The weather Saturday wasn't great for it, and once the sun went down it was too cold to be outside in my opinion, but it still made a good setting for the birthday party. Sunday however the weather was perfect and we delayed our travel plans to make the most of it. There's just something so peaceful about sitting near water, with a beer in hand, falling asleep to some Jimmy Buffett in the background. Side Note: Bud Light Lime is surprisingly drinkable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home