Friday, April 27, 2007

Any Glen will do.

I had been hoping to stick to a better posting schedule than this. Oh well.

I'm sitting here enjoying a pre-dinner drink and I thought it would be a good time to go over the past week. Work-wise, it was slow. Can you believe it? Had a good training meeting on Thursday so at least something happened. And it sounds like my next trip is finally lined up. It'll be Minnesota sometime in May. Never been there. I'm not even sure I've been near there. Should be interesting.

Melissa and I continue to catch up on TV. The end of Rome was excellent. That show was just freaking amazing. Before the show I always really like Augustus. Somewhere in the second season my opinion of him changed. I need to go read some history to figure out if the rosy image I had before was accurate or if the show's image is accurate. We had a catch up with Lost day some time this week. I still like the show, but it needs to move faster. And make sure it has it's mythology fleshed out. There's just so much anticipation the payoff better be worth it.

We saw In the Land of Women one afternoon this week. Good but not great. If you liked Adam Brody on The OC you should see it. And also if you are a dorky guy in your 20s you should see it. We went in the afternoon to avoid that madhouse that is the movie theater on the weekend. What I didn't expect was the audience to be completely people over 70. Seriously. And this one guy kept talking to the screen. It sounds annoying but it actually stayed funny the whole time.

Went to the golf tourny last Saturday with my dad. That was pretty cool. It had been a long time since I went to a tournament. Need to do a better job of making an event out of it next year. Saturday night we met the Barrattinis for drinks which is always nice. Sunday we headed to Metairie for the Rupp boy's birthday party. It's always nice to see them and their youngest is just too cute. Plus we got to see Lucy! Last Friday we went to the Opera. I hadn't been since high school. It was La Boheme so I was hoping that was an easy enough one to appreciate. Overall it was a good experience, though the AC left a lot to be desired, but I couldn't help but think the whole time, "Man this would be great in English." Guess I'm not as cultured as I thought.

And lastly, I took a few screencaps from WoW of especially pretty scenes. Here they are.


3 Comments:

At 6:50 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Not that it is important, but I saw Clap Your Hands Say Yeah Tuesday night here in New Orleans at the Republic. Pretty good show. Lots of dancing!

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Yeah, they were here (are here? I forget exactly when they were playing). I had thoughts of going, but things have been busy here, so backed out. Currently I'm debating on ACL tickets.

BTW, I think there's one more day of SXSW you need to recap. The one that prompted some vacuuming! :-)

 
At 12:51 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

hey, i saw la boheme here in iowa city a few weeks ago. i went with a friend who is sort of italian and is fluent. and i was sad that it wasn't in italian. i thought you'd get the emotion even without knowing the words, but that's easy enough to think when they're all singing in english, i guess.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home