Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Clear eyes. Full hearts. Can't lose!

It's been a slow week so far. I feel like I can be pretty productive work-wise the week after I travel. The weeks after that first though get worse and worse. This week I had a training sessions scheduled that used a web conference tool. Dry material is hard enough as it is, put me on the phone and able to browse web pages without anyone knowing, it's that much worse. Anyway, the good news is that I did learn a good bit and it finished sooner than expected.

Melissa and I are still catching up on TV. We are about a month behind still I think. Friday Night Lights continues to be my favorite. Everyone should go watch the episode we just watched right now. NBC makes it very easy to do so. You won't be disappointed.

One of the interesting aspects about playing a game like WoW as a hobby is the massively part of the MMORPG. Some of the things in the game require 25 people to do them, and even the everyday fun stuff requires 5 people. Keeping a group of people together and happy and able to do stuff regularly is not easy. But at the same time, I think it's one of the more interesting aspects of the game and the part that I think directly translates into real life. I read somewhere that some guild leaders have started putting that on their resumes and people have taken notice. I believe it.

4 Comments:

At 12:56 AM, Blogger richard said...

You might have read it here:

http://www.johnseelybrown.com/hired.pdf

JS Brown is a leader in the learning sciences, and a cool dude to boot.

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Claire Elizabeth said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Chad said...

(editing claire's comment because I am paranoid)

claire

side note: If you or anyone else wants to be on my blog list, send an e-mail to me (clairevath at "googlemail".com) and I'll add you.

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

I don't understand what just happened with Claire.

I can only imagine what would happen in an interview prep in my department if a candidate listed Guild Leader.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home