Monday, April 30, 2007

Are you going to put the whole six pack in that glass?

Friday night Melissa and I took in a New Orleans tradition that I had not tried out before, dinner at Venezia's and dessert at Brocato's. It did not disappoint. There was a bit of a wait, but to me that's usually a good sign. A lot of people had come from Jazz Fest so the dress left a little to be desired. The food was excellent. I had veal parmigiana and Melissa had some sort of chicken covered in seafood dish. Dessert was gelato of course. I had vanilla bean and tiramisu. My only complaint was my small portion was a little larger than I would have liked.

Saturday we went to Jazz Fest. Our first order of business was getting some lunch. We had crawfish bread and crawfish monica. The bread I loved, the monica is not my favorite. I did see a fried pork chop sandwich offered which I will have to try out on Friday. We walked around a bit, taking in some of the acts on the smaller stages, then settled down for Rebirth. They put on a good show, which they seem to always do. The crowd was into it. I likely looked like I wasn't into it since my Jazz Fest pose is to lay on my blanket and close my eyes, but that's just how I roll. Around five we headed over to the Gentily stage to listen to Nora Jones. Sadly that area was packed so we were way in the back and the speakers weren't great. I'm hoping her show was better from up front. On the way out, we walked right past Jesse Jackson, which was a little odd. All in all, a good fest. Afterwards we went to WoW for some dinner and then to Jigger's with the family for drinks.

Sunday was the BrewBBQ and it was good to see the guys, girls, baby, and goddaughter. There's just something very relaxing about meat, beer, and good company, especially when it's at someone else's house. In the evening we had delivery Milano's at the LeSaicherre's.

Got a little WoW time in late at night over the weekend. Went on a Shattered Halls run with some of the old Duskwood Surprise crew. We tore threw it pretty well, which was surprising, but had a good bit of trouble on the boss, Kargath. We wiped about five times or so, but we took him down eventually. Nothing else huge happened. I explored Silvermoon City which I had yet to do. The large statues are very North Korea like as Taylor mentioned to me, and the sweat shop, complete with leper gnomes, was a nice touch. Other than that it was just nice to see Necrolord playing again on Sunday. He was missed.

2 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Blogger Taylor said...

Venezia's is open again!!?!? Yay!

 
At 11:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next time try the rum raisin ice cream...really good. I haven't been to Brocato's since the re-opening...and it's minutes from my home and a block from my office.
It's on my must-do list.

Uncle Poog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home