Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Avoiding Work

Melissa and I got a chance to watch some new shows last night. We started with Chuck. It was OK. I'm on the fence I suppose. I like a larger season plot to stuff for that kinda of show, like an Alias or a Buffy, and I'm not sure this one will have that. Plus the nerd humor only goes so far, especially when sometimes I feel like they are trying to portray me and doing a horrible job of it. I'll likely try out a few more episodes and see what I think. The other one we watched was Journeyman. I was signed on for this one partly due to the guy from Rome being in it and partly due to it sounding like Quantum Leap. Based on the first episode it looks like a show I will like, but we'll see where it goes. For me it's a question of how much of the show is just about the "monster of the week" part and how much of it is about figuring out why the hell he is "leaping." The right balance there would make this show golden.

Switching gears, ever notice how once you make a decision, all sorts of things start to happen to validate that decision? That's happening with me and my job stuff. Wish me luck.

4 Comments:

At 4:35 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

I really liked the first episode of Chuck, but the second and third episodes didn't do that much for me. It may not be worth it. Didn't see the first episode of Journeyman, but watched another one, and kind of had the same feeling about that one.

I like it when you speak in code about important life events. It's much more exciting than TV.

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger richard said...

Tried Reaper yet? More fun than Chuck. Pushing Daisies is awesome.

And good luck on your decision. I agree with Carrie - this is good suspense.

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Aamir said...

More detail! What is this validation you speak of? I don't think I've experienced this, but I could definitely use it.

And who is the female lead on Chuck. Her, uh, "upper body" was in profile all over the New York Subway in advertisements.

On a related note, I want to grow my hair out like Chuck.

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger Taylor said...

I think Chuck is hilarious. It's silly, it has a master plot, and I love the guy from firefly.

I enjoyed the episode of Journeyman I watched tonight.

And I of course got back into Heroes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home