Friday, September 07, 2007

96 and 130

I'm on the road again, but this time it's not for work. Melissa and I are driving to Auburn this weekend to meet up with Jessamyn, Steve, Christy, and Doss. It had been a while since we had all been together, Doss's wedding I think, so we all just thought it would be a good idea. It'll be too short of course, but it'll be fun. Haven't seen Aubrey since November and Melissa hasn't seen her in a few years, so it'll be nice to see how little baby Christy is doing.

Looking back on the blog, one year ago today, Melissa and I were in London. Crazy. Seems like so much has happened in the last year and yet the European trip feels like it was only yesterday. Maybe I should go back and update those Rome posts. :)

Oh, Melissa quote to add for ya. "You stupid smart machine!"

A few updates. Melissa just finished her first week as an Orleans Parish school teacher. She's teaching first grade, for now, and is handling it well. I'll have to get her to post some stories for everyone. Students are still trickling in and the people in the class doesn't always match the roster but things are coming along. I've run into people from high school who I have found out teach elementary school, but something about Melissa teaching kids that young makes me feel old. All the teachers I remember from back then were old, or at least seemed so. Thinking about it more I realize a few of them were Melissa's age. Man it's so weird growing up.

Work for me has been busy lately. Last week I was in Dallas, and next week I'll be in Sergeant Bluff, Iowa. Yeah. Look that one up on Google Maps. The upside is I'll be near Melissa and Andy so I should get to see them and I'll get to go to Nebraska and South Dakota so I can cross two more states off the list. The actual work has been OK but not great. We'll see how long I stick with it.

I'll finish this post with a list of signs you've been traveling too much.
-You are on a first name basis with the room service guy. (Jamie)
-You know the back door security entrance at Dallas Love. (It's by the exit)
-You drive rentals cars more than cars you own. (My car's battery is dead)
-You have a new 'guess what the cabbie' said story every week. (My last one was Iranian and made his wife go back to school to be a pharmacist for the money)
-You have seriously considered starting a rate the hotel internet website. (It's true, the world needs one)

4 Comments:

At 6:24 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

Well, hell's bells...Chad's back. Have fun in Auburn!

 
At 11:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing, Chad. I thought the blog was history. Good update. If you're ever in town, I'd like a tour of the "new Magazine St."

Then you and Melissa can tour the ever-improving Lakeview with me.

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger Erin said...

When you can let yourself into the kitchen to make yourself a pb&j sandwich, let me know. I've never actually done that, but I think I could have in KY. There is something to be said though for the front desk staff getting worried if you don't come in at your regular time. It's kinda nice to have them concerned.

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger The Movie Guys said...

Sadly, the pretty part of South Dakota is the western part of the state w/ Badlands national park and the Black Hills.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home