Thursday, October 11, 2007

Every time you close your eyes, LIES, LIES!!

I might have just won the consultant jackpot. Six weeks of full-time work all from the comfort of my own home? Fingers-crossed!

Some time back Melissa sent me a write-up she did for ACL. I never posted it. She didn't much like that. Now, it's a music post from Melissa, so it's looong. I'll break it up over a few days to ease the pain. :) Here goes.

It is mid-September and the Austin City Limits Music Festival is upon us again. I return this year from spending last September in Europe. It is a good year to return. I am not an Austin resident, but it still has a special place in my heart. When I first saw the Arcade Fire on the line-up, I knew I had to go. Taylor and Carrie Riche have decided to join me on this venture. Currently, I am working in the Recovery School District and knew a weekend pass would not work. I am unable to take Friday off of work. I decided to go to Austin for the weekend and attend on Saturday the 15th. It worked out perfectly because I was able to see the Arcade Fire, Damien Rice, the Cold War Kids, Andrew Bird, Paolo Nutini, and the last 15 minutes of Muse. Up until a week before the festival, the White Stripes would be closing the festival Saturday night with Muse on the same stage before them. Well, the White Stripes canceled their show three days before ACL and the promoters had to move some acts around. Unfortunately, Muse took their place and played at the exact time as Arcade Fire. DAMN! Well, I will lay out this review like most other bloggers I follow.

2:30 Paolo Nutini: Oh Paolo, that is all I can say. I have to admit, I have been looking forward to seeing him for a while now, almost as much as the Arcade Fire. He is so beautiful. Then I realized how old he was and I feel dirty. He is 20, yikes! Anyway, his album These Streets is fantastic. I highly recommend it to everyone. I think it is baby making music, but judge for yourself. He is from Scotland and pretty much inaudible when he speaks. The only words I recognized him say was, “it is so hot, I am dripping with sweat.” Taylor said he was a goofing looking guy and that he looks like Smeegel. Damn you Riche! Don’t talk about my Scottish boyfriend like that! He sang all the songs off his album I wanted to hear, Last Request, Rewind, and These Streets. He also played a few new songs and did a mean cover of Moby’s Natural Blues. As well as sing, he can play guitar. I loved his set and can’t wait to see him at Voodoo in New Orleans in October.

(More tomorrow)

7 Comments:

At 6:42 PM, Blogger richard said...

hooray for mel's music recaps!

 
At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, so I'm out of the loop. What's going on with your job situation? You've been alluding to some sort of a change, so can you do us a favor and post a blog about what's going on?
-Steve Gray

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Chad said...

I'd really rather not comment directly on the work stuff. Doesn't seem like a good idea. Plus, being cryptic is fun. :)

I haven't done a six-week long consulting gig from home before. They've always been short and away. It's a nice change.

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Paolo's set won me over as a fan as well...but, uh... I sort of thought he looked like a hobbit. Sorry, Melissa!

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Erin said...

I think he's cute. :)

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Taylor said...

Preciiioooouuuus

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Specifically, I think he looks like Frodo for some reason. So if you're into Elijah Wood that would make it all make sense.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home