Saturday, June 21, 2008

One of those mornings

You ever have one of those mornings where things just don't seem to go your way?

First off, I must have missed my alarm so I overslept a bit, which prevented a few errands. OK, I guess that's not all that uncommon. But then, as I'm sipping my coffee, I get a call from Melissa ... from the driveway. It seems the lovely realtor next door has parked her car in the driveway and then I guess went out to lunch? Who knows? I was thankful able to prevent Melissa from keying her car, but that did mean I had to drive her out to Metairie for a wedding shower. So that's an hour of my day gone. When I get back, her car has been moved slightly over, likely in no small part to my unpleasant note, but, there's a new SUV in the driveway. I suppose when you house hunt you lose the part of your brain that considers what other people do with their cars.

Back home, I decided to see what errands I my list I can still get done. The post place near the house closes at 2, so I have time to go mail a package. Hi Erin! Of course, at this point, it starts raining. Oh afternoon thunderstorms, how I love/hate thee. I'm determined at this point to get something done today, so I grab an umbrella and the package and start walking. Now, it's just two blocks away, and normally if it's a light rain, I'll just walk no umbrella, but I had the package to protect. I get about halfway there when a large SUV decides to get a little too close to the sidewalk and wham, I'm hit with a sheet of water. I actually stop for a moment like, "Really? That just happened?" Quickly searching around for camera crews and finding none, I realize, it's just that kinda day. Thankfully the package escaped unscathed.

At this point I'm going to log into Warcraft and beat the crap out of something with a sword since I think that's at least slightly healthier than letting the air out of the realtor's tires or throwing rocks at water splashing SUVs.

5 Comments:

At 9:34 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Oh no!!! I'm sorry you had to go through all that to get those DVDs back to me! I REALLY appreciate it!

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Erin said...

By which I mean, serves you right. Next time, if you return them in a timely fashion, the universe and all that is right with it may see fit to treat you in a more kindly manner.

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Yeah! That's what I meant by that.

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Chad said...

It's almost as if you have multiple personalities.

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Erin said...

I don't know what you are trying to imply here, sir, but I'm sure whatever it is, its very impolite. Are you tempting fate and the SUV wielding universe again?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home