Monday, June 02, 2008

Seersucker and Country Clubs

Pre-weekend news: Wayne accepted a job at Dominican and will be heading back to New Orleans in late July. Woot. Also, the Gray's have a blog. Check it out.

Melissa's had a girls night out Friday to see the Sex and the City movie, so I stayed at home and just did whatever. I did a few chores around the house since I had been slacking during the week and of course got a little WoW in. When she got home we watched the first hour of the Lost finale. Regarding the movie, from what she told me of the plot, it sounded pretty much as expected, but I'm not sure I like what they did with Samantha.

On Saturday, once I got up, we knocked out the last hour of the Lost finale. Stuff happened! :) I mean I still have a crapload of questions, but it's always nice when the story moves forward on that show. In the late afternoon Melissa when to Country Day's graduation and my favorite comment of hers from after was "I've never seen so much seersucker." Heh. We grabbed a late dinner at Figaro's on Maple, a place Tony and Amee had mentioned to us a bunch of times and that had just reopened. I think we may be adding it to our list of regular places. After dinner we met up with Chris, Jay, and Joan at Knucklehead's. It's a smokeless bar in Metairie where her parents hang out and that was having a grand opening party. Always nice to spend some time with the fam.

June 1st is my father's birthday and my father really likes him so golf, so we met up at Timberlane Sunday afternoon and played nine holes. It really doesn't get much better than that. Well, stopping at a Mal's after 6 holes was a nice touch. After golf, Melissa and I headed out to deep Kenner for the Barattini girls dance review. It was Isabel's first year, and there is nothing cuter than 4 year olds dancing on stage. She did an amazing job for her first year. And of course it's always entertaining to go to a dance review with Melissa since she always has so many comments. I guess dancing for 28 years will do that to you.

Oh, one thing I forgot. It turns out Country Day doesn't have a prom. They just have an after graduation dance and they aren't allowed to bring dates. Seems kinda crappy to me.

2 Comments:

At 10:06 AM, Blogger Erin said...

oh, hey....i've been meaning to ask...can i get my HIMYM and Firefly DVDs back?

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Chad said...

You want something you loaned me back after over a year? The nerve ...

Yes, of course. How should I get them to you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home