Tuesday, October 19, 2004

They will see us waving from such great heights.

Better 1 or better 2. Better A or better B. Better 4 or better 5. The eye doctor visit went about as you would expect. My vision is no better and no worse, which means I still need contacts and I don't have depth perception. This time I mixed things up and got a pair of glasses. I know. I'm a rebel.

My random day of last Wednesday consisted of golf with Taylor, cleaning the fridge, and playing Warcraft 3. Golf was fun though I didn't play well. On the other hand, Taylor had a pretty good day. Most strange moment of the round, the golf course worked, who we had talked to a bit before teeing off, asking to hit my driver on 9, and me letting him. Yo. Not a whole lot to say about cleaning the fridge other than it needed it. I'm wondering if the previous owner had cleaned it before I bought it ... 3 years ago. Yo again. It was nice to get back into Warcraft. I haven't played in a while and I really would like to finish it especially since I hear the story arc is interesting. I had a rough time with the mission I was on, but I finished it and another one so things are going well in that arena.

Friday, Melissa and I went to see the Austin Ballet performance of Peter Pan. Unfortunately, it was a ballet we had already seen. Still good just not as surprising. Intermission was great as usual. We stand around with our preordered glasses of wine and try to look all snooty. This time we spied on a family with two daughters who were performing ballet moves for the parents. When I have a daughter she is sooo going to own me. It won't be pretty. After the show, we headed to Chee Zee as usual and I had my Lemon Rosemary Cake. I've tried just about everything on the menu and now I just get that. I mean, it's all good, but the Lemon Rosemary is divine.

Saturday morning I would up at the vet with Louie. Earlier in the week he had a swollen leg and he had an appointment with the vet on Monday, but Friday the leg was sporting an open wound. The vet says he probably got into a fight and the wound is called an abscess. I now know way more than I really wanted to about cat abscesses thanks to Google. He'll be fine and we are now thinking of making him an inside cat. Melissa doesn't think we can do it. I'll keep you posted.

We went to the Texas Missouri game Saturday afternoon and we were happy to finally see a good game. Not much more to say there. In other news. War Eagle!

Saturday night Melissa and I saw a movie at Alamo. I know I have said it before but let me say it again. I love Alamo. In the lobby there were ballroom dancers for Shall We Dance. Before the movie started I ordered a Sunshine Wheat beer. The waiter said if was like a heff and it worked for me. Later in the movie I ordered a cup of Earl Grey tea. Yes I realize beer and tea is an odd combination of beverages. I blame Richard.

Notice I haven't mentioned the movie yet? Garden State was wonderful. I have heard it called this year's Lost in Translation and I'd say that's about right. It had a similar feel for me. The acting was great, the setting was perfect, and the plot was something I could relate too. I'd really like to see it again. Melissa just bought the soundtrack and I love that as well. It's not music I normally listen to but it's all stuff I like. I need other people to buy music for me.

Sunday is kind of a blur. Watched Joan of Arcadia. Did some housework. Played some Warcraft. Prepared the house for Sunday night.

Why can't the Saints win? Why oh why? I know the Vikings can throw the ball. I know Moss is a god among wide receivers. But come on. Stop the run. Linebackers do your job. Please? At least the company was good, and the announcer, and the food, and the Rosemary Infused Lemonade with Vodka. Yummy.

This weekend we have the parents in town. Should be a good weekend, but we don't really have anything planned yet ... except golf. There's always golf.

2 Comments:

At 11:48 PM, Blogger Taylor said...

I wouldn't necessarily say the Mizzou game was good. I mean, I haven't seen a more boring third quarter ever. And this wasn't a battle of the defenses thing... that I would have dug. This was a case of both teams not being able to throw the damn ball. Yeesh.

And yeah, the Saints. Wow.

But man, I wish I could hit every shot like that seven iron I hit on 8. Damn, that felt good.

 
At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(Mary) Richard and I intend to make it to the Detroit Ballet at some point. We'll have to let you know how it goes.

Good luck with Louie. I hope he's feeling better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home