Sunday, September 19, 2004

linktastic

Ever watch something like the Emmy's and spend most of your time making fun of what everyone is wearing? The this page is for you. Claudia linked to it a while back and Melissa asked me to link to it as well so that more people could appreciate it.

With nothing on our minds other than hurricanes for the last week, I've been doing a fair bit of surfing on the topic. I found a pronunciation guide for the storm names. I'm not saying I agree with their decisions, but these are the official pronunciations.

If you think you have Libertarian leanings and wonder how far gone you are, take the Libertarian Purity Test. I don't remember my exact score, but this was the category. "You are a medium-core libertarian, probably self-consciously so. Your friends probably encourage you to quit talking about your views so much." How did they know?

Taylor and I had a good talk the other day about standards and web browsers. I had just read an article about alternative browsers and I knew Taylor was the guy to talk to. If people have a moment, drop a comment stating what browser you use and why.

Ever thought about how to fix Social Security? Every thought we should just scrap it? Check out the Motley Fool article Why I Hate Social Security.

5 Comments:

At 9:36 PM, Blogger richard said...

Firefox - tab browsing, customization options, not Microsoft

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Erin said...

wow, so all of those weather channel people who were mispronouncing Gaston actually had it "right".

 
At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mozilla Firefox, Tabbed browsing rules! (make appropriate rock and roll gesture) And good link on the SS Fool article - will be interesting to see what SS has fermented into by the time we get to that ripe old age... (Jerry)

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Claire Elizabeth said...

Now i'm obessesed with the fugginitup blog...ahh!

 
At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Firefox is good stuff, though occasionally I find a site that doesn't work with it.

I have obvious libertarian credentials and will assuredly become more exteme over time? Yeah, I think that's optomistic of them considering I only received 20% of possible points.

And finally, beware the lure of the fug blog. You don't want to be startled by a coworker while staring at it aghast.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home