Monday, July 19, 2004

Last Friday Melissa and I were able to check off another of our must-do Austin items, a concert at Stubb's. Jerry came with us to see They Might Be Giants and we even had dinner there before hand. The show was a bit bizarre, but that's pretty much what I expected. The crazy accordion player opening act, Corn Mo, was unexpected, and yet entertaining. Is it wrong that I may have been inspired by a crazy man?

My main accomplishment of the weekend was watching the Open Championship. Saturday I got up around 9 and watched till the round was over, but that was nothing compared to the next day. Sunday I got up at 7AM to watch the whole day's coverage. Taylor, another trooper, showed up at 7:30 with Krispy Kreme. Most memorable moments: the string of chip-ins and eagles, Ernie and the bush, and, of course, the four hole playoff. I love golf.

Let's see. What else? I played in the sprinklers on Saturday afternoon. I mean really I was adjusting them, but its hard not to just run through the water like you're 5 years old again, especially after you're already soaked.

Had dinner with Melissa at P.F.Changs. It had been a while since we had a nice full dinner out and since they take reservations now, it just worked out. Thank you Mary for the dessert suggestions.

We watched TNT's The Goodbye Girl after dinner which I thoroughly enjoyed, mostly because of Patricia Heaton. Makes me want to see the original though. It really did seem as if Jeff Daniels was channeling Richard Dreyfuss. Sunday we went with Jerry to Spider-Man 2 at Alamo. It was as good as any review I have seen said it would be. I was kinda surprised at how much older Tobey Maguire looked. And finally, Sunday night Melissa and I played another chapter of Eternal Darkness. The insanity effect about the sequel got me good.

2 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Blogger Taylor said...

Dude, you and this thing for Patricia Heaton... anyway.

The Open Championship was fantastic. Seeing that many really good golfers go for it was fantastic.

What was this particular insanity effect?

 
At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.F. Changs does have some excellent chocolate cake.
The Goodbye Girl (the original) is one of my mom's favorite movies of all time. I don't think I've ever seen it all the way through, though. Probably because my mom always goes on obnoxiously about how much she loves it the whole time it's on.
I LOVE Eternal Darkness. It's the only game that I played all the way through to the end since Super Mario Bros. 2. (being unemployed probably helped)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home