Monday, June 21, 2004

Lord, I was born a ramblin' man

Spent most of the weekend watching the US Open. I was pulling for everyone's favorite South Korean former weight-lifter, and though he did make the cut, it was not his weekend. Turns out it was almost no one's weekend out there at Shinnecock. At times I felt like I was watching a blooper reel of golf shots. Congrats to Taylor for going with Phil, but I would have been a lot happier paying my dollar if Phil had won, or at least forced a playoff. Damn three putt on 17. Why Phil? Why? It was like watching Smarty Jones all over again. Been a rough couple of sporting events rooting for the favorite. Hopefully Texas can end that streak for me.

I realized my computer was quite old when I read Penny Arcade a while back and Tycho made fun of someone whose processor was less than 1/3 the speed of current processors. Yeah well I fall into that category too. There was a time when I would spend every last dollar to update my system. Now, I can't justify it. I mean what can't I do with what I have? I'm sure some game will come out that I want to play and I will have to do it then, but for now, what's the point?

Salmon is pronounced 'sa-m&n. There is no l. I don't care how the waiter at Zio's says it.

The Mansion at Judge's Hill is an excellent place for a wedding reception. Nicely done Lloyd and Sara. Pok-e-Jo's is a excellent place for a rehearsal dinner as well. Two very different places. One memorable wedding weekend.

I like the idea of boutique hotels. Melissa and I stayed at one in Seattle last year, the Alexis Hotel I think. The Mansion is considered in this class of hotels. There's just something about staying somewhere unique that has a history that appeals to me. Is the idea of spending a night in a hotel in your own city just to get away from it all a crazy idea? Do you have to go for more than one night?

"The Influence of Media in Presidential Politics" - need to read that when I get a chance

Still reading Catch-22. The feeling of futility that seems to be a theme in the book makes it hard for me to read in my current job. When I finish it I hope to finally crack open New Spring. (Is there a better way to make links for books?)

I hate writing diagnostic code. I understandnd that testing the LEDs is a neccessary manufacturing activity. That does not make it interesting.

Shot a 57 on the front nine at Lions last Wednesday. Will I ever find out what it's like to play double bogey golf? Will I ever play the last hole finding my ball by sound again? I honestly do hope the answer to both those questions is yes.

Someone, anyone, please put your slightly used Atlantic Technology 370 front speakers on ebay. I promise to pay you the minimum I possibly can.

Would you believe I have been occasionally getting up around 7:30 in the morning lately and sometimes exercising? Me neither.

1 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

I can't believe it...7:30? What has happened to you, Chad?

And if you want some more books/journal articles on presidential politics and the media, I have a few I can loan you.

And one of these days I plan on staying at Hotel San Jose, whether I'm still and Austin resident or not, I don't care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home