Tuesday, June 29, 2004

PC Load Letter

Sitting here watching Queer Eye with Melissa and trying to blog during the commercials. We'll see how this goes.

In keeping with the decorating Susie homemaker theme, a few weeks ago I put up some curtains in the bedroom. We used nickel rods with matching ball finials and sheer white cotton drapes with a little bit of a pattern on them. Got it all from Pottery Barn. I really do love that store. Why shop anywhere else? I'll put up a picture of the room once I take one and figure out that whole hello picture blogging thing. Oh and around the same time we purchased a Wusthof Classic 8 inch chef's knife. Wow. Taylor, thanks for the recommendation and Mary, you were so right.

Singles has been on television lately, not sure why all of a sudden, but we've been watching it when it's been on. I remember listening to the CD in high school. It was very big my Junior year. Well we realized neither of us actually owned it. Maybe I listened to my sister's copy? Melissa quickly corrected the problem and we have been listening to it for the past week.

Last night before bed we caught a bit of Office Space. Man I can relate to that movie. What would you do if you had $1000000? (And saying you would invest it misses the point Samir.)

Played 18 at Lions on Sunday. I just could not hit my 5 iron, and since that was the club I had decided to use as my longest iron and off the tee, that was a bit of a problem. Wound up shooting a 117. On the upside Jerry shot a 112. Go Jerry.

I've been thinking about taking lessons at GolfTec. We'll see. I've also been thinking about this.

4 Comments:

At 11:07 PM, Blogger Taylor said...

To answer your Pottery Barn question...

Because Crate & Barrel exists. ;) Man, we're yuppies.

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger richard said...

Taylor: there's a Crate & Barrel in one of the fancy malls in Southeast Michigan, and when Mary and I were recently there we thought of you and Carrie. The entire store seemed like what I imagine your future home will look like.

Chad: thanks for the GolfTec link. Troy, MI is quite close to me (where the aforementioned fancy mall is located), actually, so I'm looking forward to checking this place out and seeing what all the fuss is about. Our upcoming frivolous trip to Austin will keep me from actually spending money there, but a quick peek can't hurt.

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Taylor said...

Yeah, I can't wait until the one in Austin gets finished and opens.

 
At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(Mary)I'm glad you're enjoying the knives.
Richard and I were talking last night about what we would do if we won the lottery. A lot of money would be scary. I don't want to be so wealthy that I have to worry about our kids being kidnapped and getting held for ransom. What would be cool is if we won enough money to pay back Richard's student loans and then had enough left over to put as a down payment on a house. Not that I'd turn more than that down...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home