Thursday, June 24, 2004

cloudmakers

After seeing Jerry's projector adjust itself, and then reading about the air force's use of robots, I'm a little freaked out. I am starting to understand why Melissa is scared to see I, Robot. Who else thinks the Captain's quote in the CNN article "If you shoot the robot we don't care" is going to come back to haunt him? And what about this line, "A human always is in the loop because the military doesn't want to give machines complete discretion." Well yeah! We don't want a SkyNet now do we?

1 Comments:

At 9:36 PM, Blogger Taylor said...

That's why I always said I didn't want to work in AI. I mean, I am legitimately afraid that the research that I would do would kill me, literally. Maybe that is giving myself way too much credit, but hey, it could be an accident. Lisp is funny that way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home