Thursday, July 15, 2004

What are you?

I have greatly enjoyed reading many blogs lately including Claudia's, Jon's, and Claire's, but I'll be honest with you. It's a little weird. I mean these are people I have never met and only know of through other people. It's one thing to read something written by a total stranger a make a comment, slashdot for instance, but this knowing of a person but never having actually met the person is somehow weirder. I mean at least with Stephen and Brian I have actually hung out with them. Just felt I had to share.

2 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Blogger Claudia said...

In the summer of 1998, I started emailing a gal I met on a message board. In 2000, we actually met in person. She and a bunch of others from that board broke off into a yahoogroup. On a business trip this fall, I met another of those folks and his wife. This was someone I'd been talking to for 5 years. I wasn't even entirely certain what he looked like, but I knew about the renovations on his house, his daughter's music career, his dog's name. It was a bit of an odd sensation to 'meet' someone I'd known for such a long time.

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Claire Elizabeth said...

Sadly, I spend the better part of the morning, reading journals of people that I semi-know, more through other people. Yesterday I was reading yours when my inbox notified me that you had posted a comment in mine -- so you must have been reading mine at the same time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home