Saturday, September 18, 2004

A Day in the Life of Chad

This morning I woke up a little too early in order to see our hurricane evacuees off. After the Baratinnis drove away, I decided the one thing I needed to do most, was sleep. Ah sleep. So sweet.

A few hours later I eased into the morning with college football on the television and a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios. Melissa originally bought them for her, but having them around the house has reignited my passion for cereal. It'll be interesting to see how long this breakfast thing lasts.

I decided yesterday that going to ACL today wasn't the right idea for me. It's been a busy week due to Ivan and I needed a break. Plus with the Vaths in town for the event and the Riches going as well, I knew Melissa wouldn't be lonely. So with a whole day to myself, what would I do?

Football. Things got started at 1:30 with Madden. I've been practicing a good bit since I bought the game, but hadn't actually played a game by myself against the computer. After having played with Tony the night before and losing to the Bucs, I figured a rematch was in order. The first half was mixed. I threw three interceptions and missed an extra point, but still wound up ahead 13 to 10. The second half was all me baby. Two touchdowns and the Bucs never moved. Final score, 27 to 10.

Now on to real football. 2:30, Auburn vs LSU. I was expecting to watch the game in HD, but for some reason, maybe Ivan, it wasn't available. Once the game got going, I didn't care. It was the type of game I really love to watch. Two teams, both very good, battling it out on every play, like a live-action full contact chess match. The 'Gulf Coast' offense of Auburn was fun to watch and I was amazed at how the Auburn running backs refused to be tackled. In a double dose of poetic justice, LSU missed an extra point early, and Auburn was allowed to re-kick theirs. It was almost a shame one of the teams had to lose, they both looked so good. Almost. The one thing I discovered watching the game by myself was I am an Auburn fan. There have been doubts in the past but this settled it. I am an Auburn fan. Interesting.

As a rule, I hate chores. I mean really hate them. Ask my dad about me cutting the grass, or Melissa about me washing dishes. But lately I have found them to be rather calming, almost meditative. After the game I put on a Coldplay CD and got to work. First I cleaned the kitchen then moved on to the main area mostly just picking stuff up. After that I ventured outside, checked on the lawn and the rose bushes and picked up the mail. I then made my way to the office, shredded a few things and updated Quicken. All in all very relaxing. Who knew?

A little after 7:00 I sat down to watch some of the Tennessee Florida game mostly because it was supposed to be in HD. Unlike the game from before it actually was in HD so I was happy. After one of the scores I went for a walk in the neighborhood mostly to exercise but also just to get out of the house. Later on tonight I'll be meeting up with the ACL crew for an after party. Right now, I need to eat and watch more HD football. Or go pick up the ACL crew. You know, whatever.

1 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Blogger Erin said...

Chad, I've always found chores calming and meditative, but only when I WANT to do them...not when someone else wants me to do them.

Oh, and I'm sorry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home