Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Afternoons and Coffeespoons

This week television season truly begins. Monday we watched the season opener of Raymond and it had Melissa rolling on the floor. The scene when Ray tries to throw Deborah on top of the fridge in celebration was the best display of physical humor I have seen in a long time. Tuesday saw the return of Gilmore Girls. Yes I watch, and love, Gilmore Girls. Get over it. When Luke and Lorelia finally found a moment to talk about the kiss I was so giddy happy Melissa got a little worried. The scenes with Rory were hard to watch though. We'll see how it goes.

Went to GolfTEC yesterday for my fifth lesson and we finally got to the downswing. Hooray! The movement I am working on now the instructor calls the meat and potatoes of the golf swing. It also happens to be damn hard. The move is to twist you hips as fast as you can while at the same time binging the club down from well behind your body. The first couple of times I tried it I completely missed the ball and even when I finally did hit the ball it went ... well let's just say the instructor moved a shield to make sure he didn't get hit. I'm still learning a lot with the lessons so that's good. I'm looking forward to playing this weekend with Taylor's dad though I don't think I'll be trying out this particular lesson on the course.

Since I spent of majority of the weekend watching football I figured a few football links would be in order. First the bad news, it looks like Duece is out for four or five weeks. How will the Saints offense adjust to a no Duece world? Beating San Fran by the skin of their teeth probably isn't a good sign. But hey, at least they won. Next, something thoughtfull. What would rankings be like if you didn't have last week's rankings to think about? Stewart Mandel gives it a try. And let's finish off with something funny. Don Banks muses on how Jeff Garcia could possibly get a QB rating of 0. "And remember, it's not easy to get a passer rating of zero. Browns rookie quarterback Luke McCown saw only one snap on Sunday against the Cowboys, threw an incompletion, and still wound up with a 39.6 rating. I think you get credit for just signing your name on the test."

What else? America lost the Ryder Cup, again. Rick Reilly thinks a rule change is in order. "Just as England and Ireland were allowed to add Continental Europe in 1981 to restore the balances of these Ryder Cup matches, America will also be allowed to add a region. We take Fiji." Yes I read a lot of CNN/SI, especially on Mondays.

In financial news, Bill Mann argues the true value of Krispy Kreme could be zero. In bizarre news, Fort Worth has a light bulb that has been burning for 96 years.

One final thought. Yesterday morning I got to work before 8AM in order to get some work done in the lab. I was the only one in the place, so I decided to put on some music using the MP3s on my laptop. "I'll Think I'll Disappear Now" came on by the Crash Test Dummies and I heard a line that reminded me why I liked that album so much.

"Running into you like this without warning
Is like catching a sniff of tequila in the morning
But I'll try, I'll try to keep my food down"

2 Comments:

At 6:42 PM, Blogger Chad said...

He's back!

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

So I guess my nightmare will come true!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home