Tuesday, October 26, 2004

even God can't hit a 1-iron

Had a good weekend with the parents. Friday we went to Shady Grove and, thanks to Carrie, had the best onion rings ever. In all my time in Austin, I had never been to Shady Grove so it was good to finally go. And I don't even like onion rings. Weird.

Saturday my parents spent most of the day at the Manor farmhouse. My father discovered a well in the backyard and a flower bed set in an actual bed frame. Andy found a hill that seems to be the perfect setup for his pitching mound. Melissa and I caught up on some television. Lost is still good though we are still way behind, and Joan still makes me think and that's what I like about it.

Saturday night, mom cooked shrimp stew, YUM, and we had a few people over to watch the Texas game and baseball. Melissa was the only one not rooting for the Red Sox. Sorry hon. It's not looking good.

Sunday started lazily. We continue to be amazed at what you can find in the New York Times on Sunday. I am amazed at how difficult the crossword puzzle is. Golf in the afternoon was fun. I was hitting the ball better with a little extra oomph on a few of my shots, but I still had a hard time coming up with a good hole. The shag carpet greens didn't help but I did like our three putt rule. Got chased off the course by lightning but that just gave us an excuse to head over to Shoal Creek Saloon to watch the boys in Black and Gold. Oddly enough, they won.

Sunday night the family had dinner at Macaroni Grill. You gotta love honor system wine and meals you can eat again later in the week. I know I do. All in all it was a good weekend.

In Austin news, there are way too many things to vote on next Tuesday. Last I checked there were 27 items. I've never been so happy to see people running unopposed. Oh, and if Jack Stick sends me one more thing in the mail, I think I could spread them on the ground and walk to work without touching cement. Give it a break Jack.

Looking forward to Better Than Ezra tomorrow night. If I'm felling industrious I might even write a mini-review. Don't count on it though.

3 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

Man, we get SOO much mail from Todd Baxter and Kelly White. I'd be excited about a Jack Stick flier at this point.

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Yes, I am not a Red Sox fan. Everyone knows that. But I was vindicated on Monday morning when my mother informed me of the football score of the Brother Martin-Jesuit game. Brother Martin-7, Jesuit-35. Ah, sweet revenge! Go Blue Jays!!
Also, I can help write a mini review of the BTE show.

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Taylor said...

What? Jesuit won? Damn... Brother Martin had been ranked higher, I was hoping they were going to get it done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home