Wednesday, August 10, 2005

08-03

Last Wednesday, Melissa and I celebrated three years of marriage. We started out with hamburgers at Fran's. Good burgers in a nice throwback diner environment are always good. After dinner we worked our way over to Town Lake to take a bat cruise courtesy of Melissa and Andy. I must say, I have been underwhelmed by the bats before, but not this time. They came out a little early and seeing the countless numbers of them against the evening sky was impressive. On the way home, we stopped by Sandy's for some custard. One of the things Melissa and I both enjoy about going out just us is that we always get dessert. All in all, a very low key Austin night out.

This past Saturday we had a fancy dinner in honor of our annivesary at Hudson's on the Bend. All I really knew about Hudson's before last Saturday night was that it was expensive and served wild game. And now that I have been, I can say that is a pretty complete description. Over the course of the evening I ate rattlesnake, buffalo, rabbit, quail, and venison. Definitely out of the ordinary and all of it quite tasty. However with entree prices in the 30s, it will be a while before we go back.

Often times I find myself very focused on the things I don't have in my life. What should I do for work? How should I spend my free time? Where should we live? What is it worth my time to do? I forget about the things I do have in my life. And that reminds me of a quote. "Marry the right person. This one decision will determine 90% of your happiness and misery." I'm just glad the stuff I worry about, is the other 10%.

4 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Blogger richard said...

happy anniversary. and well said.

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

awww...

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Oh Chad, there are literally thousands of other men that I should be with instead, but I am 72% sure that I love you! :)

HeHe!!

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger The Movie Guys said...

Damn. I can't believe it's been three years since your wedding.

Happy anniversary,

Fritz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home