Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Yogalates

It's been over a month since I posted and honestly that's just sad. I apologize. I would say that it won't happen again, but you and I both know that would be a lie.

So what's on my mind? Right now I've got Battlefield 2 on the brain and that's just with the demo. I keep debating whether I should buy the game or not. Shouldn't I just use my new computer to play 'Battlefield 1942' now that I can actually play it on the highest quality settings and get decent frame rates? I often don't buy things because I think I should get more use out of what I already have. Overall I think it's a good trait but sometimes I feel like it's just me being silly. Anyway, the demo is cool and a good bit of fun, though after playing online I think it would be more fun for me if I was a little bit better at it. They guys are coming over to play so maybe that extra practice will help.

I've been thinking about the process of moving back to New Orleans a lot lately and inevitably that has me thinking a good deal about money. It's interesting that in such a money oriented society that we don't seem to talk about money much. Discussions about how much one makes are taboo and sometimes the topic of being thrifty is met with a "but why." I guess it just amazes me sometimes how much money it takes to live. Then again, when I look over my budget, I have a pretty generous definition of living. Would we all be better off financially if we sat down and talked about money once in a while? But how do you start that conversation and not sound either like you are bragging or lecturing? Ugh.

Watched On the Waterfront tonight. I had seen it a while back, '98 I think, but Melissa hadn't and wanted to see a good Brando flick. It was better than I remember it being and I remember it being pretty good. I'm starting to have more of an appreciation for Marlon Brando as an actor. Growing up I just thought of him as the Godfather and as kinda crazy. I also connected with the morality play aspect of the movie more this time.

Netflix has also been sending us the first season of The O.C. and we are about halfway through so far. Peter Gallagher and Adam Brody crack my shit up.

1 Comments:

At 6:32 PM, Blogger richard said...

i agree about money, and the lack of comfortable conversation around it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home