Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Good night and have a pleasant tomorrow

Weekend before last
In what has now become an annual tradition, a bunch of us went to Sambet’s for some crawfish. While there was live music again this year, sadly there was no cheese cake on a stick. To make up for this we went to Dairy Queen. Yum. The final event of the evening was Babe. I never knew a G movie could be so good. Saturday evening the same six of us headed up to Round Rock for my very first Express baseball game. They were playing the Zephrys so we figured it was a good time to go. The game was good but the real entertainment was the food. I had an extra long hot dog, a sausage wrap, a corn dog, a beer, and a funnel cake. Oh yeah. And then we went to Round Rock donuts where I had a donut and coffee. Melissa banned me from pork products for a least one day. Weird thing was I wanted a hot dog for lunch on Sunday. Sunday night Melissa and I went over to the Bircher’s for a nice quiet dinner just the four of us. The food was exquisite, the company was excellent, and I look forward to more in the future.

Last weekend
With Melissa and Andy officially leaving Austin this week, Friday night was a night for them. We started off at Trudy’s by campus, with Mexican Martinis of course, and then had coffee and dessert at Quack’s. It was the perfect soon-to-be-Stallings evening and I’m glad they invited all of us along to be a part of it. Saturday Taylor, Andy, and I played a full 18 holes of golf out by the airport. The weather started cold, turned into rainy, and finished off with cloudless sky sunny. I played decently shooting a 107 and may I just say Andy did incredibly well for his first full round of golf. The downside of the freakish weather is that we all wound up sunburnt. After golf we met up with the ladies and worked on wedding programs for the remainder of the day, stopping only long enough to eat at Mangia. On Sunday the Melissa Dickeys hosted a baby shower for the Bircher’s at the house. It was a group of people that really had never hung out before but everyone seemed to have a great time. Major props to the Melissas for pulling it together so quickly.

Ever notice how most of my weekend recaps revolve around food? I blame Taylor.

TV Update: Joan of Arcadia, Joey, Desperate Housewives, Joan of Arcadia, Joan of Arcadia, Gilmore Girls, Scrubs, Lost, Alias, Desperate Housewives, Everybody Loves Raymond

3 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, Blogger richard said...

First off, I'm glad you enjoyed Babe. It's a wonderful film, as is its sequel. Both were among my top five movies of their respective release years. Seriously.

Secondly, where are Melissa and Andy off to?

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Taylor said...

For the record, I was not the instigator of any of the plans of the past two weekends. I did participate in the grand pork challenge of '05. However, Chad did beat me out.

Taylor "Making food other people's hobby" Riché

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

I found it somewhat unsettling how everyone could be so pumped about Babe one day, then eating voluminous amounts of pork the next.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home