Thursday, April 07, 2005

Who's FICA? Why is he getting all my money?

Here is a copy of an email I recently sent my elected officials. I used congress.org.

First of all thank you for being part of the process and actually talking about social security. As a person in his twenties who has always assumed he might not get anything from the government come retirement time, it's nice to see those in the government facing this fact.

I am writing you today to pass on an article I read on Social Security. It says what I want to say in a much better fashion that I could. The basic idea is this. I would much rather Social Security function in the insurance role than in the entitlement role. I feel that is what it was intended to be. Also, I believe personal accounts are a bad idea. I do not like the idea of the government being involved that directly in the stock market.

Again, the article says all of this much better than I can. Give it a read. It will be worth your time.

http://www.fool.com/news/commentary/2005/commentary05022806.htm


Charles Dickey

1 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Blogger Chad said...

Congresman, both Senators, and the pres

 

Post a Comment

<< Home