Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Yo Ho Yo Ho

As the two previous posts likely made clear, LeeAnne came in town for a visit last weekend. Despite the title I am sure she would like me to point out that she sails on a replica of a privateer ship not a pirate ship. Though she did once swim up to another ship with a knife in her teeth. I'm just sayin'.

When I look back on her trip, I realize much of it involved eating. We went to Baby A's, Mangia, Jason's Deli, Kerbey Lane, Rudy's, Waterloo, Cafe Java, and Mozart's. That's a pretty good Austin food experience I think. Top that off with two home cooked meals courtesy of Melissa and I think we ate well.

We did manage to do a few things other than eat. We attended a performance of the IBM Jazz Band of which Jerry is a member, went shopping on South Congress, drank scotch at Opal Divine, watched Napoleon Dynamite, watched Shaun of the Dead, played a little GT4, and LeeAnne went for a ride on the back of Jerry's Harley. All of that despite the rainy weather, which by Sunday night consisted of 100% humidity.

It was great seeing her again and she is welcome back anytime. I now know more about boats and sailing than I ever really thought I could, and it just makes me want to plan that Waveland to Key West trip although maybe we should start with just a New Orleans to Waveland trip first. In the meantime, it'll be fun tracking her progress up the West Coast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home