Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Peter Gibbons

While browsing the web today I came across a website called Spending Wisely. I got to it from a CNN article. From what I have read so far the website contains articles written by this one person on living simply and saving money. Now I've always heard the pay yourself first idea but she comes at it from a different angle. Spend as little as you can and you'll be amazed at how much you save seems to be the basic idea. I know it sounds simple and silly but she writes some interesting articles about it. I especially liked the article on nice stuff versus really nice stuff.

For some reason that site, combined with a strange lack of scheduled things to do this evening, led to an hour of me sitting at my desk, staring at the wall, wondering what I want to do with an hour of free time. And this after all the talk about too many things to do and too many hobbies. The thought I kept coming back to was this. If I came home from work one day and for some reason Melissa wasn't home, the cable was out, and the Internet was out, what would I do? For the most part I never want to pay bills or clean the house so chore like things were off the list. I came up with reading and video games. Golf would be nice but that doesn't work when it's dark. I guess I just didn't like the things I was coming up with. It seems I want to do everything and yet want to do nothing. Weird. Feel free to comment about things you would want to do.

I think I spend way too much time thinking about crap like this.

3 Comments:

At 12:10 AM, Blogger mf said...

I think I know that feeling, of wishing to do so many and yet when the time comes, wanting to do nothing. Could it be because we come up with things to do when we're bored with what we're doing then, and when we are not doing the things that make us bored, we would actually rather not do anything at all?

Now I just want to go to Japan and brush up my Japanese.. At least this wish will materialise end of month :)

 
At 7:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, you spend way too much time thinkging about stuff like that. That being said, I know where you're coming from. When I'm busy doing something i have to do (which is most of the time) I think about all the things I'd want to be doing that I'm not able to do. When I finally have an hour or two free I want to do all the things I've been thinking about and consequently usually don't do any of them.
-Steve G

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Jerry Centanni said...

I've got a few things I could use some help on, if you want to stop thinking and just do :) However, I do know the feeling, but I usually write it off as the need to just veg out and relax...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home