Sunday, February 13, 2005

Four Down

In our quest to watch all the best picture nominees, we watched Ray this afternoon. Wow. The movie certainly deserves it's spot in the best picture nominees. Don't think it will win though, mostly due to the last fifteen minutes. It's just hard to wrap up a movie like that and tie it off neatly. It's a shame since I think the rest of the movie is very tight. Jamie Foxx however, just might win. It's almost eerie to watch him in the movie. Thought I knew it was him, I didn't really realize it was him till this one scene where he had his eyes open. Very strange. A year ago did anyone think of Jamie Foxx as a great actor?

Continuing the Ray Charles theme, Melissa watched the Grammys tonight and I poked my head in for the musical numbers. Those performances in HD really are something else. I guess we have to go get the Genius album now.

Picked up American Idiot in the store the other day. Melissa hadn't bought it yet and didn't seem about to anytime soon and for some reason I just thought we should have it. Now, I'm not a great judge of music, and am no real fan of Green Day, but I think I love this album. I like the story aspect of it, the punk opera I've heard it called. And I just love the music. Again, really happy with my recent speaker purchase.

GTA:SA Update - I love driving around the tank.

2 Comments:

At 10:06 PM, Blogger Jerry Centanni said...

Grunt! You got the tank without me....rabble rabble.

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Chad said...

Getting the tank not that interesting. Use jetpack, fly over military base, drop on tank, enter tank, drive to freedom, save to get rid of stars. Using the tank to complete Vigilante, now that was fun. And I would be happy to do it again when you are present.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home