Monday, February 14, 2005

Al and Beth

Melissa went out and bought the Ray soundtrack today and the Genius album. I've always enjoyed a Ray Charles tune or two, "Georgia on my Mind" in particular, but I never really knew his body of work. For instance, I had no idea "What I Say" was his song. No Jerry, I did not think the Funky Beans just came up with it. Anyway the soundtrack CD is filling a void I didn't even think was there. Haven't cracked open the new CD yet. I'll let you know.

While listening to All Things Considered on the way home from work I heard an interesting piece on Valentine's Day. The guy basically said that the holiday pretends to be about love when really it's about new love. Kinda like most movies that are promoted as love stories are all about the couple falling in love and not usually so much about what happens later. The man has a point and says it in a better way than I ever could. Check it out. It's not too long.

Homemade Creme Brule is an excellent dessert. Watching you wife torch it is even better.

1 Comments:

At 4:43 PM, Blogger richard said...

Mary made Creme Brule for us as well, but we were both too sick to torch it. I did force a few spoonfuls down... and it was great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home