Monday, February 28, 2005

There's a booby prize?

This weekend was pretty busy. Friday we went to ZTejas for drinks and appetizers to celebrate Taylor and Carrie's condo purchase. Then we went to said condo for a lovely "look no furniture" party. Melissa has already reserved a spot by the pool. Saturday I spent some time at Jerry's playing GT4 with the steering wheel. With the wheel and the pedals it truly feels like you are driving, especially with the pedals. Jerry spent most of the time in the attic trying to run speaker wire. That night Melissa the Sister had a party at the farmhouse in Manor. It was an interesting clash of her Chad friends and her school friends, but other than a minor Yankee Candle incident, no sparks flew. Sunday Melissa and I finished our Best Picture quest by watching Finding Neverland. More on that later. Sunday night we settled in with friends to watch the big show. Chris Rock was the best host they've had in a while, I had the volume up a little too loud, that bacon dip was way too good, betting makes anything more fun, and Aviator got smacked.

We both greatly enjoyed Finding Neverland. To be fair, any movie that has both Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet will likely elicit that response from the two of us. It's got a sad ending, which honestly you can figure out really early, and so I continued my streak of crying for just about anything. My favorite aspect of the movie was the basic story. I think I am sucker for any movie that presents a backstory for a story I know and this movie did that very well. It also dealt with the children in the story very well, which I mean I guess is the whole point, but anyway, it did it well. I'm just glad we kept our Best Picture streak going, even if we cut it a little close.

1 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Blogger Taylor said...

Uhm, yeah, that was there. The pink bath clock... yeesh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home