Wednesday, March 16, 2005

1138

On Friday I completed one of my oldest materialistic dreams. I now own a complete set of THX speakers. I then did what any other geek would do in the same situation. I watched Star Wars. OK I actually only watched a few scenes, but still. It was awesome. I had it at 00, which I refer to as reference level; others refer to it as past the threshold of pain. Things rattled in the house that I didn't know could move. The dialogue was crystal clear. The surround sound enveloped me. I'm still in shock from the whole experience.

Later that evening I headed over the Riche's new condo to help them paint. It was a good bit more enjoyable then I thought it would be. They mentioned it was a low effort high reward kind of thing and that is certainly true. Unfortunately, my body still isn't a fan of holding things above my head for any length of time. Those damn exercises appear to have helped only a little. Taylor and I also spent a good bit of time removing a few screws from his closet wall. That took way more engineering than it should have. I just about wanted to tear down the wall. It just seemed easier.

Saturday, after sleeping till after noon, I head down to Lions to get in a round of golf. The downside of it being such a nice day was everyone else seemed to have the same idea. I had to wait one full hour to tee off. While I was waiting I saw the strangest thing I have ever seen of a golf course - lots of women. I'd say it was about 25% female out there. That's so awesome. I hope that continues so I can stop defending the sport. Anyway I played with Lauren, a law student, Scott, an employee of Texas Gas Services, and Greg, an employee of Lake Austin Spa and Resort. Lauren drove pretty well but had a pretty bad short game. Scott and Greg were good but not great. I sucked it up. Shot a 61 on the front nine and stopped after that as it was getting dark. I went back over the round to see what I needed to work on. The list I have includes all the golf shots one can make. Great.

Saturday night I watched the first six episodes of this season of Carnivale. I really enjoyed the show and enjoyed watching them all in a row even more. Turns out my DVR can record in 5.1 which is something I never knew but appreciated for that show. Maybe I'll talk more about the show in a later post.

Sunday I spent the morning doing chores. I can't even lie in text. It was more like the afternoon. I raked, swept, fertilized, watered, mopped, vacuumed, and generally did things around the house that needed to be done. My reward - GT4. I played it all Sunday night and all Monday night. I now seem to be a bit of a car freak. We all know Jerry is happy about that.

1 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Blogger Jerry Centanni said...

Yaay THX, and Yaay car freak! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home