Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Filter

It's been too long. I apologize. Let's get to it. Friday night we went to Ballet Austin's world premiere of Light with the Riches. It's a ballet about the Holocaust which means there's not really much I can say about it. I'll let Melissa handle the critical commentary if she wishes. I enjoyed it and thought the use of video on the scrim was a nice touch. Afterwards we made our usual trek to Chee Zee. I had Lemon Rosemary as usual, we still need to go there for dinner, and the stories about the man dressed up as a bunny were hilarious/horrifying.

Saturday we met up with my cousin Beth and her boyfriend Stephen who were in town visiting. The six of us, including Melissa and Andy, went walking on the trails in the Bull Creek Greenbelt and enjoyed skipping rocks and throwing rocks at a fire hydrant in the middle of a stream. None of that was a typo. Sometimes when I looked down the path, I expected the wind to kick up and a Nazgul to come into view. Yes that means I worked Nazgul into back to back blog posts. Saturday night we had a dinner party in honor of the soon to be married Melissa and Andy. Everyone had a good time, even those of us who prepared a little less than we should have, ate our salads in the kitchen, and picked wax off the candlesticks. But seriously, it went well, and I hope everyone had an enjoyable evening.

Sunday the family six had brunch at Cafe Java and then the travelers headed back home. Melissa and I spent the rest of the day doing nothing. Hooray doing nothing!

The weekend before last was Easter weekend. Let's go through that quickly. Luggage didn't make connecting flight, rode in Chris's new Jeep something, had shrimp po-boy from Super Popeye's, had breakfast at La Cuisine, luggage delivery is nice, weather sucked in Waveland but played beach volleyball anyway, I stink at Halo 2 but enjoyed playing with my cousins despite that, Uno of Death, I have become an EC, Melissa rode on the back of a Harley in a skirt, Isabel is cuter than ever.

GT4 update: Finally got to 25% which opened up the Endurance races which no human is meant to complete but it's fun to do on B-spec overnight and watch the cash roll in. We have like 1.5 mil now. Not sure what all races we finished. I remember one Jerry made me do which was difficult but doable and that was a nice change of pace. Oh and rally driving sucks.

Here's what we have watched this week that I remember: Desperate Housewives, Desperate Housewives, Simpsons, Lost, Scrubs, Arrested Development, Felicity rerun with Noel's smart powder, Felicity rerun with Jennifer Garner, Joan of Arcadia, West Wing, Alias.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home