Friday, April 22, 2005

Habemus Papam

The other day I stopped by McDonald's and the drive through line was a little long so I went inside. I had to do a double-take when I walked it. It didn't look like any McDonald's I had been it. It had paintings hanging in the windows and one the wall. And not like clown paintings or something, like cafe paintings. It looked a like a Starbucks honestly. Everything behind the counter looks the same which is comforting and yet odd. It's as if there is some merging of alternate realities at the counter. I like the changes but I think I would need to sit not facing the counter. It's the one near Burnet and Braker. Anyone else seen this new type of spiffy MickeyDs?

I've been playing a good bit of Civilization III lately. Lloyd started talking about it the other day and I realized how much I wanted to play and since lately I have been looking for the answer to the what do I want to do question I figured I would try it out. Now I feel like Arvin Sloane reintroduced to Rambaldi. I'm thinking about doing a blog post covering my first game from a historical perspective once I finish. Yes I do get that into it. See the Alias reference above.

With all the pope stuff going on this week I spent a good bit of time on Wikipedia reading about the new pope and the old popes and that lead to a discussion of religion at work, always a dangerous thing. Spent a good bit of time talking about where people of different religions lived. All that kind of stuff is on Wikipedia and though relying on that site does scare me a little bit since anyone can make it say whatever they want I do love the amount of information they have.

Random quote I hadn't heard before that made me laugh out loud:
"Any 20 year-old who isn't a liberal doesn't have a heart, and any 40 year-old who isn't a conservative doesn't have a brain." - Winston Churchill

TV Update: Gilmore Girls, Scrubs, Desperate Housewives, The OC, Alias

2 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Blogger richard said...

One of the "hot things" right now in educational technology is some work done by folks at Wisconsin-Madison with Civ III. Apparently, they've been able to credibly tap some educational benefits of students playing the game. I haven't read the work yet, but it's in the stack to read. More people are taking "games" - especially immersive 3-D environments - seriously these days with respect to education. Interesting.

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Jerry Centanni said...

Saw that McD's, and it freaked me out too... was kinda nice, but still not the same comfortable McD's I always remember...and the ketchup tasted weird...hmmm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home