Monday, April 18, 2005

The Storm

Friday night Melissa, Andy, Jerry, Melissa, and I went down to Frank and Angie's for some much needed Italian food which of course led to a giant prep Jerry for Italy session. Afterwards we headed back to the house to watch Back to the Future which Andy had never seen and the rest of can quote every line of. It had actually been a while since I had seen the whole thing straight through. Movies from childhood never do seem to get old. Anyway, so hopefully Andy will now get the jokes, which is the real reason for doing most things in life right?

Saturday Melissa and I went to Alamo Drafthouse to see Sin City. We hadn't been to Alamo in a while and I like the place and want to keep it around so I try to go when I can. Not so much that I will go see a movie at full price of course. Sin City seemed like one of the first movies of the year that was actually worth paying any money to see. If you want to see a dark violent graphic novel come to life, this is definitely your movie. If that sounds awful, you will hate this movie. Fritz says it better than I. It worked for me but I'm not sure I'd want to see another movie like it.

Later that day, I did some work in the yard. Nothing major just some trimming of the front yard bushes and some sweeping of all the yard clippings that I scalped off last week. I may have cut the grass a little short. Oh well. Melissa and I fixed some sandwiches and watched season one episodes of Friends on DVD. Then we went down to Mozart's to enjoy some coffee and dessert by the lake before the weather here gets oppressively hot. All around a nice night.

On Sunday, Jerry, Andy, and I went down to the airport golf course to attempt to get Andy into golf. I honestly have never seen someone so excited to play golf before. Things started off fairly well. I mean he hit the ball after a few tries and it went in the general direction of the green so that's good. Then ranger giving us hell about having two players using one bag wasn't so fun, but he seemed happier after I told him I would let others play through. Turns out, that wasn't a problem. Everyone on the course was about the same skill level as the three of us, meaning they all sucked, so we were able to keep pace. Andy shot about double par with the highlight being his tee shot on the par 3 3rd that skipped over the bridge. Jerry shot around a 58 with a number of nice almost in chips and putts. I shot around a 55 with a regulation par on the par 5 seventh. We quit after nine due to the weather. Afterwards, we celebrated with Casey's snowballs. Yum.

TV Update: Scrubs, The OC, Alias, Raymond, Arrested Development

1 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, Blogger Taylor said...

I'm glad to hear Andy got out on the course. I'm not surprised to hear that weather caught you all. ;) It seems to be a curse of ours.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home