Thursday, September 07, 2006

Traveling east to get to the West End

We decided to head out to the West End to do a little walking and a little shopping. Started with Carnaby Street, walked down to the Piccadily Circus, walked over to Leicester Square, then Covent Garden, followed by some walking through SoHo. Lots of theaters, lots of trendy shots, and lots of people in hip clothing. I'll let Melissa add some info on the shopping.

With our feet greatly hurting, we headed back to our hotel in Notting Hill. We had dinner at the restaurant in the pub/hotel, then had beer in the pub while browsing the web on the laptop using the free wireless, and reading some random British newspapers. And now it's time for bed.

Melissa's shopping summary: There are a few shops here I know I needed to hit. The first one is Lush. It is a bath and body shop that I have read about in countless magazines and does not have a store in the US. I walk in and buy a few of there delicious bath bombs. These are little balls you drop in your tub to make it fizz up like alka selter. Another shop is H&M. Now, if it is good for Madonna, it is good for me. It had a lot of trendy European pieces at decent prices. I didn't buy anything because I really couldn't make up my mind. Picadilly Circus and Carnaby street had the best selection of stores. I really want to be able to afford to shop at some of these places. I just can't now. The last shop I needed to go to was Top Shop. This is a massive store on Oxford street. Everyone shops there. It is the equivalent of a Gap in the US. It has tons of the trendy pieces at half of the designer prices. Now, I expected this store to be the size of a regular Gap store. Boy, was I wrong. Four levels, that's right, four. I walked around for about 30 minutes with Chad following helplessly behind me. I need a good two hours to really gauge what this place has. I didn't buy anything because I need to go back by myself. They carry pieces that are definitely hot now, which are just starting to show up in the States. Namely, the skinny pant and the big blousey top. I will go back when Jerry gets here and the two of them can sit in a pub while I shop. Can't wait!

5 Comments:

At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great venture...and we can share thru the blog. Thanks. Is London Bridge falling down?

Say a jolly hello to one of the nice Brits.

 
At 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi guys - glad you made it there with no trouble. Mimi - can't wait to see what "treasures" you come home with! Can just imagine you tearing through the stores while Chad and Jerry sip the suds. Have a great time.

 
At 1:02 AM, Blogger Taylor said...

Yeah, I've noticed the whole skinny pant thing coming into style... I don't approve. That works for so few people... it would be cool to go in a true Euro store and see what's going on. As I'm sure I'll say many times... I envy you guys! Glad you're having fun already! :)

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger Claudia said...

Sounds like you two are having a great time.

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger richard said...

good stuff, glad you're having fun, and if you have the energy keep the updates coming.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home