Thursday, September 07, 2006

Mind the Gap

We made it to London safe and sound and there is wireless in the hotel room so the London blog posts will be easy to post.

Long flights are just not fun. I mean sure we got to watch the Da Vinci Code again, but it was on a little LCD monitor that seemed to never be at the right angle. And it's just so hard to get your legs comfy in coach. The flights had a few delays but nothing too crazy. We got through immigration just fine, our bag were on the carousal, and we hit up an ATM for some British pounds. The train into London was a breeze, the tube to our hotel was a bit more confusing, and so far I find London streets difficult to navigate. The hotel room is tiny, but the hotel itself has a lot of character. We just finished our first British meal, a lazy lunch at the Lazy Daisy. Now we have to find something to keep us awake. It's weird to think that people back in the States are just getting up and all I want to do is go to sleep. Big cup of coffee here I come.

6 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out an Indian restaurant while you're in London - even if you're not a huge fan of the cuisine...London's Indian restaurants are infinitely better than ours.

And look both ways before crossing the street.

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Taylor said...

Glad to hear you made it. Staying up until a decent bed time is one of the hardest things about going to Europe. Y'all have a great time!

 
At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you all made in safe & sound. Cheerrio & have a good time.

 
At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try fish and chips from a stall.

Don't think about the exchange rate.

Definitely try the Indian food.

Good luck!

 
At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just couldn't remember that weird phrase. Thanks for reminding me of good memories of London.

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Claire Elizabeth said...

I'm so jealous. The trip sounds fantastic. When I went to Paris I missed the first 24 hours. I went to sleep on my suitcase in the lobby, on a dinner cruise up and down the Seine, in the tub...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home