Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Cold Beer, Hot Women & Cool Country Music

IBM has officially announced the products I have been working on. Read the normal write up from CNET, or the more offbeat article from The Register, or the press release from IBM. Of course, just cause things are announced doesn't mean I don't have any work to do. Things are still pretty busy or more correctly, when I have something to do, everyone wants it done now. Enough about work.

A couple of weekends back, Melissa and I and the Riches went to the Broken Spoke, a real Texas country dance hall. What an experience! Certainly never done anything like that before. Check out Taylor's pictures for an idea of what it was like. Melissa and I even danced ... kinda.

The gang of five headed down to Port Aransas a week and a half ago and a great time was had by all. I wound up having to leave late and drive down by myself, which wasn't so great, but I got back in my Auburn driving home groove pretty quick. Wish I had known more about where to stop though. I got real used to knowing that exit 96 Evergreen and exit 130 Greenville where the best places to stop between Mobile and Montgomery, but I digress. Saturday we all just spent the day on the beach, which was lovely. I read some of the DaVinci Code as a lazy summer book, soaked up the rays, waded through the seaweed, and frolicked amongst the waves. Yes, frolicked. Taylor's day was a little different. That night we found this odd German/seafood place for dinner and man could that waiter pour a beer. If anything bad can be said about the trip, it's that it was too short. Oh, and the ride back? We drove through a dust storm. Like can't see three feet in front of the car dust storm, for a brief period anyway. Crazy.

What else? Spent a week in RTP for work. Been watching a bunch of movies. Played a lot of WoW. Still making plans for Europe.

4 Comments:

At 2:02 PM, Blogger Dave said...

You went spokin and neglected to invite me.

Shame ... for shame...

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger richard said...

sounds like a nice trip, wish we could've joined you guys.

 
At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dammit Chad, you were supposed to wait 2 more weeks to go to RTP. We'll be moving there August 29th.
-Steve Gray

 
At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chad,

Congrats on your product getting to market.

Also, there's a place in The Kiln, Miss., called the Broke Spoke, a hangout of native Brett Favre,bikers,Uptowners from N.O. and even me once. They sell a potent moonshine...kind of fun place.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home