Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Christmas Vacation so far

We left Thursday afternoon and caravaned with Jerry. Which is to say he was usually about 10 miles ahead of me. Didn't encounter too much traffic where I expected it, Houston and Baton Rouge, but we found a whole bunch between Beaumont and Lafayette. Got in a little after 11.

Friday I got my haircut by Denise then made my way to my parents house. Since their street is being worked on, you park on the next street over and walk through the neighbors yard, through the hole in the fence, and then through the bushes. It's a little weird. Jerry and I went to eat at the former Wal-Mart now Hong Kong market Chinese buffet restaurant. It's was pretty good as Chinese buffets go but I was expecting a Vietnamese restaurant so I was kinda disappointed. We then spend the afternoon shopping. Thankfully we avoided the malls but the westbank strip shopping centers weren't a whole lot better. Melissa and I had dinner with my parents then we met up with a group to cheer Fritz on doing a ComedySportz show at Le Chat Noir. It was way funnier than I expected and a nice first live comedy experience. It was also nice to spend some money in Orleans Parish.

Christmas Eve morning I met the buys at Cafe du Monde, had the requisite cafe au lait and beignets, then headed into the Quarter to find an appropriate Christmas Eve present for Melissa. It was odd to see which shops were open and which weren't, but it turned out some of that was it being before 11. Anyway, we eventually found a good place to shop and then head to Molly's on Toulouse to watch some of the Saints game. It was good to see the guys and just hang. Now I want to live in Quarter. Not sure how to make that happen.


That's all I have time for now. More later.

3 Comments:

At 3:32 PM, Blogger The Movie Guys said...

"way funnier than I expected..." You were expecting us to suck, then? :) That being said, I am relieved it went well.

Mary - The other problem of living in the Quarter would be the insane traffic for Mardi Gras, or any of the other festivals...That would get to me.

 
At 6:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed...a blog update from the field. The Quarter has its good points and bad points, but could be fun for a year or so.

Consider the Warehouse District...more space, close to Quarter, on-site parking.

And, bring money the golf game Friday...The Poogie Relief Fund needs some funds.

First blog entry from my new home in Algiers

 
At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is no parking in the QTR, therefore you have to be able to walk or bus to a job, but if working downtown it would not be bad. I expected to read more about what it was like to be back in NOLA after such a tragic event, did it have the same entergy that noramlly goes with the QTR and the city? Come on man make me want to read the BLOG.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home