Tuesday, November 29, 2005

You wouldn't like me when I'm angry

Sat down at the DVR tonight to watch Gilmore Girls and the episode wasn't there. It was there last night, but today, nada. Argh. Not a happy camper. At least with TWOP I was able to find out what happened. Sounds like it was a good episode. You might even say it was one not to be missed. Argh. If anyone reading this happens to have it on tape or still Tivoed please let me know. I hate you Time Warner DVR. I hate you. But don't go away. I only yell because I care.

In other stuff don't work news, we got Melissa's car back from the shop today. It seems the brakes just decided to "wake from the dream" as the Aiel say. Melissa and I had decided we would either get the car fixed if it didn't cost too much or buy a new car. Instead we decided on secret option C which was to get the car fixed and buy a new car. So now I get to go through the new car buying hassle. Actually, I'm looking forward to it. I know. I'm sick.

One old update to mention, my computer hard drive died last month. And just a few months after the warranty was up. Funny that. Being the optimist that I am I of course never backed up any of my stuff. Ugh. I was able to get a lot of data off the drive, and I had copies of my pictures and music on the laptop, but there is still a lot of stuff I haven't been able to retrieve thus far, like all my email from August 2003 to October 2005. Yes I keep all my email. Well except spam.

8 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

Secret option C sounds fascinating.

Sorry about your TV show.

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Chad said...

I haven't watched Battlestar Galactica but from the good reviews it has gotten, especially on TWOP, it has become one of those shows that I want to Netflix one day. That and Veronica Mars. Not sure I could get Melissa to watch BG though. She's just not a big sci-fi person.

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Taylor said...

and as I told you yesterday, yes, you are sick for wanting to fight with car salesman.

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger The Movie Guys said...

The buying a car process was excruciating for me. Blah!

Wow, I thought I kept a lot of e-mail, but I never even thought to save all of them. Anyway, sorry you lost them.

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Claudia said...

GG? It was misable, except for the part with Lane's band. Which was awesome. Otherwise, the episode contained both Christopher AND Liz, so the annoying factor was at, like, 12. Unfortunately, I don't tape it, so I can't help you out.

Our DVR filled up over the weekend and until last night, I didn't know it had overfilled and was unable to tape Tuesday's Nip/Tuck. Arg. At least I can catch the Friday rerun.

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Chad said...

It was the band stuff and the Lorelai/Rory stuff that looked good. Christopher and Liz are always annoying and distracting as well.

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Claudia said...

I must admit, Liz is far less annoying without TJ around, and the conversation between her and Luke was a nice bit, but I could have lived without the cooking nonsense and her 'wacky' Ren Faire friends.

I'm just so glad Lane is getting a storyline this season. More Lane! More Paris! No more Christopher ever!

 
At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chad:

I sent you an email in Nov. and as usual...NO REPLY...can't claim that one's lost.

POOG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home