Monday, November 28, 2005

The Sound of Silence

Ahh, Thanksgiving. What an odd holiday. Does everyone else use it as an excuse to see family, eat too much, and possibly drink too much? Melissa and I traveled to Houston to be with the LeSaicherre clan as we have done now as a couple for five years. Crazy. There were three turkeys, smoked, baked, and fried, and all the fixin's including oyster dressing. And then there was wine. Oh how the wine flows on that day. But it wasn't the wine that did me in this year. Oh no. It was the rather stiff Bloody Mary mixed by my father-in-law before dinner. You can tell when I was feeling pretty good by the pictures. Gee that's a lot of pictures across the dinner table. After sleeping off my headache, I got to spend time with Lizzie, so all in all, a good day.


What else? Fry's shopping on Black Friday. That was a little crazy, but no worse than the malls. Then again I wasn't there at 5 AM. Got some good stuff though and if the mail in rebates work out the price was certainly right. Oh and how could I forget The 2005 LeSaicherre Madden Bowl. We played a round robin to seed the tournament and then played the three game tourny. Well the first two rounds anyway. The last game is Chris vs me and I suppose we will have to take care of that at Christmas. Other than that I got to spend some quality time with Lizzie and that is always good, even when it involves urine on your shirt. Ahh, children.

Saturday night we went to see Derailed. I'll try not to give away too much but if you plan on seeing it, I wouldn't read any further. I didn't expect a lot out of this movie but I didn't expect it to affect me the way it did. At first, I just felt dirty, expecting the worst to happen at any moment and waiting for everyone in the movie to die. Then the twist happens and I'm mad at myself because I didn't see it coming. And finally the ending just pissed me off. The final scene to me just didn't fit with the rest of the movie. Oh and then I thought back to the very first scene and just got more mad. I just felt like they had set me up the whole time and not a good kind of set up, a cheap cheating one. I actually had to calm myself down on the way home. Boo. Save your money or go see Harry Potter instead.

6 Comments:

At 8:28 AM, Blogger Taylor said...

What makes me laugh about this is I can see you getting really mad at the movie. ;)

I'm glad you all had a good holiday! What did you pull down at Fry's? I know some guys here who came home with some sweet flat panels. They also sent their rebates off certified mail, which I thought was a great idea and wondered why I hadn't thought about it.

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Chad said...

External USB hard drive, 80GB internal hard, DVD+-RW/CDRW drive, wireless router, sound card, CD wallet, USB memory key.

I looked for some flat panels but the ones they had for a good price just didn't look good to me. For something I am going to look at every day, its going to be what I want.

I have read on some rebate submission thing before that it would be invalid if sent by certified mail. Yeah that almost seems illegal. Anyway, I'll have to check if mine have that restriction.

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger The Movie Guys said...

I stopped reading the book Derailed b/c I thought it was painfully obvious where it was heading, then I cheated and flipped to the end of the book and discovered my prediction regarding the big twist was right and I quit reading. And it wasn't good enough to get away with being predictable (some books/movies are). So, I can see why you'd be annoyed with the film.

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

So is Thanksgiving "No Pants Day" for the LeSaichere family? I see Lizzie with no pants, and then there's the shot of Melissa's cousin also on the verge of removing said pants.

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger Chad said...

Lizzie had a long day and I think the no pants option was probably due to food on the clothes, but since all that occured while I was napping, I can't really say. Ben was showing off his stretchy pants.

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I really don't want to go into my brother's "feel my butt" routine Thanksgiving night. If you know Chris, you probably have an idea of what he was doing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home