Friday, February 10, 2006

Greek or Roman?

There's a lot going on this week. First of all, I'm trying to finalize the negotiationas on the Accord. It's down to a dealer in town who is trying to trade for the car, or a dealer in Houston who has the car coming in some time next week. I'd rather get it from the dealer here even though it's about $200 more, but at this point, I just want the car. And when I'm not worried about all the car stuff, I'm stressing over Ball stuff. Got to make sure everything is packed, and the tux fits, and we make the plane, and I have the stuff for the skits. There's a lot in my head right now, but it's worth it for Saturday night. I'll try to have some pics up as soon as I can.

All Hail Janus!

Anyway, I leave you with this long Buffy quote.

BUFFY: My mom... said some things to me about being the Slayer. That it's fruitless. No fruit for Buffy.

ANGEL: She's wrong.

BUFFY: Is she? Is Sunnydale any better than when I first came here? Okay, so I battle evil. But I don't really win. The bad keeps coming back and getting stronger. Like that kid in the story, the boy that stuck his finger in the duck.

ANGEL: Dike. It's another word for dam.

BUFFY: Oh. Okay, that story makes a lot more sense now.

ANGEL: Buffy, you know, I'm still figuring things out. There's a lot I don't understand. But I do know it's important to keep fighting. I learned that from you.

BUFFY: But we never...

ANGEL: We never win.

BUFFY: Not completely.

ANGEL: We never will. That's not why we fight. We do it 'cause there's things worth fighting for.

3 Comments:

At 3:48 PM, Blogger Dave said...

... like ad sales.

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger richard said...

enjoy the ball!

 
At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All hail Janus! Wish we could be there!
-Steve and Christy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home