Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Is that a grey hair?

This past Sunday was my birthday. I'm 28. Wow. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Seems old.

Didn't really do a whole lot this weekend. We had a few busy weekends in a row so I was looking to keep it low key. Friday Melissa and I went to Vinny's and caught up on some TV. Saturday I did some loafing around the house and later that night we went to Alamo to see Brokeback Mountain. Sunday Taylor, Carrie, and Jerry came over to watch The Sound of Music. We drank German beer, which seemed appropriate, and later had many tatsy desserts including king cake, lemon cookies, and lemon pie. I like lemon.

Brokeback was good. I'm guessing you have already heard that. When I first heard about a gay cowboy movie set in the sixties I thought well that'll have them rolling in the aisles. I figured it would be horribly depressing and hard to relate to. I was wrong. The movie is depressing but appropriately so because you can in fact relate to the characters. I honestly didn't think it could be done. Go them. Even if you think this isn't your kind of movie, I urge you to give it a chance.

I still love The Sound of Music. Deal with it.

5 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Blogger richard said...

happy belated birthday

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Claire Elizabeth said...

The Sound of Music kinda rocks... I got the anniversary edition for Christmas

 
At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was from me.

-mo

 
At 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you think gay cowboys are controversial, what about that lonely Goat Herd.

The Lonely Goat Herd
[Maria:]
High on a hill was a lonely goatherd
Lay ee odl lay ee odl lay hee hoo
Loud was the voice of the lonely goatherd
Lay ee odl lay ee odl-oo

Folks in a town that was quite remote heard
Lay ee odl lay ee odl lay hee hoo
Lusty and clear from the goatherd's throat heard
Lay ee odl lay ee odl-oo

 
At 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

28 IS OLD, take you 28 and you know what. At least you have started a family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home