Thursday, August 25, 2005

as little as possible

I had seen enough of Chinatown before to know that is was a movie I would like but not enough to really get an idea of what was going on. We netflixed it a while back and I really enjoyed it. I'm not sure if it was just the mystery plot or the fine acting, but it just works. Then I found out the plot was based in part on the actual California Water Wars and I liked it even more. So yeah it's good. Go see it.

Bruce Almighty: At times funnier and more touching than I thought it would be. At times more over the top and sillier than I thought it would be. Pretty good use of Carrey's type of comedy. Always nice to Jennifer Aniston.

Shakespeare in Love: Alamo had a showing of this the other night along with a special dinner for two with wine. As this is one of Melissa's favorite movies, and she had just finished a book about Shakespeare, it was hard to pass up. Seeing it again on the big screen reminded me of just how good this movie is.

Broken Flowers: Just read Fritz's review. I liked it and am gaining respect for Bill Murray with every movie I see. Who knew the funny guy in Ghostbusters would grow up to be this guy? But yeah, it's slow. Not for everyone.

Closer: I liked it but it's not a Jerry movie. Very raw. Not at all what I would have expected it to be if Sara and Fritz hadn't given me a heads up. Excellent character studies. Wouldn't suggest seeing it if you aren't secure in your relationship.

Thirteen: Just finished watching it so it's kinda hard to say. Didn't love it, didn't hate it. I guess it could be accurate but man that is so different from the sixth grade I knew. Some of the camera work made me feel motion sick. Makes me a little scared to have children. But yeah it had an impact on me so it's certainly decent.

1 Comments:

At 8:39 PM, Blogger The Movie Guys said...

Hehe...Closer is definitely not a Jerry movie. I still remember him being traumatized by The Talented Mr. Ripley. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home