Sunday, May 02, 2004

Get some sleep!

The Rolling Roadshow "Caddyshack Experience" was rained out Saturday so instead six of us went to Sambet's for crawfish, free beer, and a live band. Much fun was had by all but I forgot the camera so no one will ever see.

Instead of trying one of the many things on Aamir's list of things to do on a Saturday night, we ended up back at the house where Andy DJ'ed and we all reminisced keying off the songs. Melissa and I had no idea we had that much good music. Even our bad music was good in Andy's hands. Think Sir-Mix-A-Lot and Timmy T. Later in the evening a few of us got into a political debate in the kitchen. It's so nice to be in a situation where politics is not a taboo topic. Plus, we were all still on speaking terms when it was all over.

Alias has been a lot better ever since Lauren went evil. Now with Sloane back to his plotting self, all is right with the world. Throw in a few great scenes between Jack and Sloane, a well choreographed fight with Sydney, and watching it in HD again and Alias is back on track. Now if only Irina would come back. But what's up with having to wait three weeks till the finale?

Friday night Melissa and I rented Kill Bill Vol. 1. I'm still taking it all in. It was darker than I thought it would be. I felt like I had an idea of what he was paying homage to, but I really wish I would have actually seen some of the movies. The anime scene was a surprise and well done. Would have been hard that scene if it had been live-action. Looking forward to catching Vol. 2 at Alamo.

If some of this seems incoherent, it's because I wrote it while watching Insomniac in Austin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home