Sunday, April 04, 2004

Don't do that. You're the king ... and you're funny.

I am officially on ImageStation now. Yes you have to register to see the pictures, but since they are giving me completely free storage space, it's not that much to ask really. Everyone I know who has registered has been ok so no need to worry.

We finally made it to Shoal Creek Saloon for shrimp po-boys. Not the best I have had but pretty darn good considering. Beggars can't be choosers. I also had a King of Beers in honor of my brother-in-law's new job. Go Chris!

Played golf with the boys at Lions on Saturday. The forecast earlier in the week had said it was going to be a horrible day. They missed it by a few days and Saturday ended up gourgeous, if a little hot. We had some fun on the course with the digital camera, especially the video. The "Aamir foot" video alone was worth bringing the camera for. I didn't play overly well, 63+54=117, having a horrible front nine. I ended the round well though going bogey, double, bogey, double on the last four holes. Jerry in contrast had a break out day. He was playing with new-to-him clubs that he obtained from Taylor's moving day. Playing more often and using more modern clubs definitely agrees with Jerry. He shot a 113, his best round of golf ever.

Saturday night after looking at video of the four of us swinging a golf club, I wondered if even one of us was swinging correctly. A quick google search turned up this page. It looks like some good information for those looking to improve their golf game. I guess I should go out to the range a few times before the next round. Any takers?

Today, Melissa and I headed downtown to attend the Austin Home & Interior Design Show. After parking at Buford Tower, thanks again Aamir, we walked over to the convention center. The show really wasn't all that. I mean sure there was some nice stuff there and we did get a few ideas for things to do with the house, but most of the exhibits were either infomercial booths or just out of our league. We had a good time regardless. After the show, we headed on down to the Town Lake Hike and Bike Trail and walked for an hour. I had never actually walked on the trail before and it really is nice. Its hard to think of a nicer place to spend time walking. Sometimes Austin really impresses me. Walking today was one of those times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home