Monday, April 12, 2004

Ta-Da!

This past weekend Melissa and I took our annual Easter trip to New Orleans. The schedule was the same as years past, Friday night and Saturday breakfast with the LeSaicherres, the rest of Saturday and Sunday morning in Waveland with the Dickey clan, the Mouras gathering Sunday afternoon, then back to the LeSaicherre's house Sunday night. It sounds hectic, and I guess it is to a degree, but we have it down to a science now. Take a look at the pictures. Melissa's parents have adopted an as yet unnamed kitten that fell from the ceiling at Joan's office. No lie. It's so crazy seeing a cat that small. Saturday Melissa spent her Waveland time on the beach and I spent mine with my father and my uncle watching the Masters. While I missed my HD television, nothing beats watching golf with my dad. My pick for the tournament, Chad Campbell, didn't make the cut, so I started to follow the Korean former power lifter Choi. I just liked the fact that one day his coach said, "Maybe you should try golf." That had to be funny. On Sunday with all the Easter events I only watched about an hour, but oh what an hour. I got to see almost all of Mickelson's back nine and even gathered a crowd of non-golf watchers for Phil's final putt. That's one golf memory I won't soon forget. Later that day I enjoyed what is fast becoming a new holiday tradition ... driving a BMW M3. Melissa's cousin bought one a few months back and he let me take it out at Christmas. This time it was her uncle that bought one and he let me take it for a spin on West Esplanade. Sweet. They are slowly brainwashing me into thinking that is the next car I should buy, not that I need a whole lot of convincing. Now I just have to convince Melissa. Anyway, I am sure I left out some great moments, but that was pretty much my Easter weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home