Saturday, April 17, 2004

my flying elbow

Melissa and I walked the 10k Texas Round-Up today. I never thought I would walk for two hours straight on purpose. To make up for it I ate junk food and pizza, and then I did nothing for the rest of the day.

Taylor and I went to the driving range on Wednesday and he pointed out a few things in my swing he thought were odd. Well just one main thing really, my right elbow. It seems I was doing all the wrong things with my arms and as a result not turning my body enough. Taylor's father made the comment to Taylor, "I'm surprised he can hit the ball." So after some fun on the range trying out the new new swing, I came home and researched a little on the Internet. I know, big surprise. I found some excellent links, most from the same website, on topics such as flying elbow, full turn in backswing, and a lot about wrists. Also, I setup my golf swing in front of a mirror and found out I was holding my arms too far away from my body, which was because I wasn't bending over enough, and even when I did bend over my back wasn't straight. I have now been practicing in front of the mirror almost every night. So now the trouble is I have to get to some sort of a playable swing before golf with my father on Saturday. It could be an interesting round.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home