Saturday, April 14, 2012

Charmed Life

This past week Melissa was in Chicago for some work training and so I had Grace all to myself from Sunday to Thursday. Let me tell you, I have a lot more respect for what she goes through when I'm out of town and I have no idea how single parents do it.

I mean everything went fine. She's only in day care twice a week so I had to take vacation one day and one day my mother in law watched her. No biggie. But waking up every day with her? Getting through everything at night? Not having anyone to tag-team with? It's tough. I found myself being much more tired, and much more likely to go to sleep near midnight, which is rare for me.

The other big thing I noticed? Commutes suck. In Austin I lived maybe five minutes away from work and since we've been in New Orleans I've worked from home so I haven't had a long commute since I guess high school. Getting Grace to day care and then back home to work took just under an hour. Now, I like me some NPR, and it's nice to catch up on the news, but losing two hours every day does not work for me. Here's hoping I can keep living the charmed life I have.

Other than that I'd like to thank everyone that kept me company this week, the family Monday at the zoo, Chad and Brandy for dinner Tuesday, Wayne for dinner Wednesday, and Richard for dinner Thursday. I'm not a huge fan of eating alone and with all those visits I barely had to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home