Sunday, February 29, 2004

Or the scene where the villain is mean

Last night Melissa and I finished our best picture round up by watching Seabiscuit. Going into the movie I wasn't expecting much. I kinda felt that the studio blitz got in on the ballet and that there were other more deserving films. Well, I take it all back. I was very impressed with the movie and overall they did a good job. Of course I don't think it has any shot of winning, but that just shows you how much I liked Return of the King and Lost in Translation. A few weeks ago we saw one of the other best picture nominees, Mystic River. Along with best picture, this movie is up for a number of acting awards, and I'll join the crowd on this one and say all of the actors nominated for the movie deserve it. Honestly this movie has some of the best acting I have seen this year. However, I don't like it for best picture. To me it just seemed like a slighty better done Law and Order episode. But what do I know.

As I watched Alias this season, I was struck by a desire, one I bet is shared by many, to have Lauren turn out to be evil. When it was shown that she was the sniper I was happy, and relieved since I thought that meant the end of the love triangle. I was caught unaware though during the last new episode when they made her evil. Seriously I was half expecting a shot of her snapping kittens heads or something just so we got the point. We'll see where this goes.

We dropped Smallville. All the episode we haven't seen yet are still on the DVR but that won't be for long. I don't know, it just stopped being interesting. I think the breaking point was when I realized all I really needed was to read the two paragraph summary of what happened and I would be happy. So I will still keep up with it, since I want to know what happens with Lex, but I won't watch it.

Angel has been cancelled. Damn. How odd to have such a down feeling and such a good feeling all at the same time. I am of course referring to the puppet episode. Pure genius. God only knows how Joss in going to end this one, or if its even going to end. Stay tuned.

The Apprentice is the best thing to happen to reality TV, ever. I'm just saying. Every episode seems to have a nice little business lesson if you are willing to look for it. And the idea of having the prize be a job and the criteria for being fired being the ability to handle that job, just make it all the more watchable. One other thing, I have never wanted to hit someone on TV as much as I want to hit Omarosa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home