Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Resolution

My big resolution this year is to be more social during the work day so that I see people other than those who hang out at Cafe Luna. I went to lunch yesterday with my dad at the restaurant in the clubhouse at the Audubon golf course. We sat outside, ran into Chimene, and basically just had a great time. Today I drove out to Metairie and had lunch with Tony at Parran's. I had never been there before but had always wanted to go so that was the perfect spot. Hopefully I can keep this up. I'm shooting for a lunch out with someone once a week.

While I was in Metairie I stopped by the bank to deposit some checks, which is the only time I ever really walk into the bank. While there is an ATM just a few blocks from the house that I can walk to, the branch is in Old Metairie. Stupid me for picking my Uncle's bank. Anyway, it turns out that since I hadn't been into the bank in a while, they had been charging $5 once a month to my savings account saying it was dormant. This despite that fact that every few months I make a transfer online from the checking to savings (or the other way). When I questioned this, the teller informed it was an FDIC I thing and there was nothing they could do. Assuming she is correct, this is a pretty stupid rule for 2009. I have to walk into the bank once every six months or you charge me? Ugh.

3 Comments:

At 9:36 PM, Blogger Taylor said...

Seriously? There's no way... I expect a full report on this, Chad. ;) Because that is one stupid rule.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Erin said...

I can't see that being an FDIC rule....I can see it being a bank rule because of something else that the FDIC does, but not something they require. I'm very curious, please report back.

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Claudia said...

eh? Did the bank change its minimum balance rule on you or something? This seems shady.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home