Tuesday, September 09, 2003

So Much To Say

Apparently I am not very good about updating my blog. I suppose this doesn't come as a surprise to anyone who knows me.

23-1. Yes that is a baseball score. Thankfully it was our last game .... ever.

I have been playing a lot of Battlefield 1942 ever since Taylor got his new computer. Its an amazing game that really emphasises team play and really its playable for hours without getting old. Another plus is the availabilty of tracking websites such as bfstats and bftracks. Bfstats is the better one as it ranks people beyond the top 10,000 and it gives you authentic medals for achievements in the game. Check out my stats and Taylor's.

What would life be like if there weren't public schools?

It turns out my fantasy football team is quite good, if you look at the week one results. I won my game scoring 87 points, the highest in the league. Time will tell how good the team really is. The funny thing is I really can't take any credit as I just let yahoo rank and pick my team.

Pennsylvania it seems has a new idea for highway safety that may prevent rear-end accidents by giving a visual guide for the two second rule. In other news, the duck quack echo myth has been debunked.

Melissa and I went to Houston this weekend to see the future godchild. Elizabeth Lynae is four months old and I think I am smitten. There is just so much to love about someone so young and so small. It's crazy really. I wish I had gotten to spend more time with her and I am honored to be her godfather. One small question remains however. What does she call me? Techincally I her first cousin once removed's husband, which really makes us nothing. The family has decided on Nanan for Melissa, but we couldn't come to a decision on my name. Any suggestions? I suppose paran is the logical choice.

Does a circle if leaned over in the third dimension, create an ellipse in the second dimension?

We stayed in Austin for Labor Day weekend and hung out my sister and her boyfriend Andy. Andy is a cool guy and I approve, though I know that doesn't really mean anything. All of us went to Barton Springs, a natural spring fed pool here in Austin. Its an interesting place and certainly very Austin but the pool has one unique feature/problem. The water is always 72 degrees. I am kinda chilly when the air temperature is 72 degrees, did anyone really think I could swim in 72 degree water? Dangling my legs in the water from the side was enough for me.

In the Bible Jeseus says," Love thy neighbor." Can someone believe that and at the same time not give a damn about a starving Ethiopian man dying of AIDS?

Dirty Pretty Things is a movie about illegal immigrants and organ harvesting. Yeah it's odd like that but it's quite good. It shows a side of life most of us know nothing about and remains believable even when it seems it may be headed into urban legend territory.

West Wing has been replaying on Bravo lately starting from the first episode. I have been recording it on the DVR and we have been watching them one by one. Some of the first episode I haven't seen so its nice to fill in the gaps. Plus Melissa has never watched the show so this is giving her a chance to get into it. Yes Taylor it is the Left Wing, but it does at least bring up issues and get you thinking about them. I respect that.

Coldplay's Rush of Blood to the Head is an amazing album. If have seen the HBO commercial with the piano music, you know of Coldplay and probably like them or at least that song. They also have had a few radio hits. Though people are complaining that the songs are being overplayed, those songs are still good and the album is still great. Go pick it up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home